Monday, June 29, 2009

Way and Steps


"The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps" Proverbs 16:9.

Today is a classic example of this verse being worked out in my life. I had my "way" planned out as to how today and the next days played out. But the sovereign God of the universe planned my "steps". My "way" today included having my pool plastered with the pebble finish and then to travel down to Fresno for my sister's birthday and my niece's first ballet recital. This morning the pool company called and said that they would not be out today due to the heat and they would be out tomorrow. The LORD knows why my "way" has been changed, I may never know why but I can completely rest assured that my "steps" will be the way He wants my steps to go. Maybe the heat has an affect on how the plaster adheres or holds up, maybe I have missed a horrific car crash by not driving to Fresno. . . the possibilities are endless.

No comments: