Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pool Project Day 2


The men drilled holes every 6" to reveal if there were other craters. They broke through those bubbled areas and cleaned them out. The coping and tile came off too. There was a huge hole punched into the bottom of the pool to prevent the pool from "popping". "Popping" occurs when a pool is drained and is not as heavy and the water table is higher than the lowest point of the pool. The water table pressure pops a pool right out of the ground.


The two pads of concrete are being removed here. There were 2 or 3 jack hammers working at a time. My house was shaking like a low grade earthquake. My girl kitty was not into the work at all. She was a nervous wreck under the bed the whole time.



This fellow is sand blasting away the paint and the top layer of plaster. Note to pool owners: Do not ever paint your plaster on your pool, it is the worst thing you can do to your pool. The weekend I first saw the house, the homeowner was down in the drained pool painting it. I have been fighting that paint ever sense.



The truck bed was filled with all the debris that was taken out of my back yard. There also is the paper wrapping for at least 5 bags of 100 lbs of sand, used for the sand blasting.


When they were finished sand blasting they put on some base coast of plaster primer or something that looked like dry wall mud.


The step below gave one of the fellows a huge work out. In fact they could not chip the concrete down any lower than this. He was using the small jack hammer. My sister thought he was using the small jack hammer because the big one would have shattered the slider glass.

This morning the company called and said the next part of the project will start on Friday. The tiles I ordered will be in on Thursday so my project is on hold for a few days, or I should say that I have a few days of rest before it all starts up again. I don't know why but I am exhausted today.

No comments: