Friday, June 26, 2009

Joey is 1


Happy Birthday Baby Joey!!!


My baby Joey love or as I call him, Joe Joe, turned 1 year old two weeks ago. I was so excited to spring out of my last day of work that I headed the very next morning down to Fresno to celebrate my nephew's 1st birthday. He is so cute and becoming such a big boy. He loves pointing at things and saying something in baby talk, he loves having books read to him, snuggling and playing with his toys. He is such a boy. What a joy he is.

My Trinity love is 3.7 years old. She is growing up to be a wonderful little girl. She is so sweet and eager to learn anything out in front of her. The question Why bounds out of her mouth several times a minute. Tag, exploring and reading stories are some of her favorite activities.
Jen has season passes to the Fresno Zoo. I have heard stories of the visits to the zoo for over 3 years now. On the actual day of Joey's birthday I finally was able to go to the zoo with the kids. The Fresno Zoo is a nice zoo, not too big but just right for the little ones. The zoo has a string ray exhibit and we were able to feel them.

Joey is starting to really feel comfortable with me. Wednesday night and yesterday, Thursday, I was down visiting with them and we played and played. Yesterday we pretended to take a trip on Joey's new airplane to Hawaii. We played in the sand, went surfing, snorkeled, ate luau pig, sun bathed and explored. Trinity has an incredible imagination and she enjoyed her trip to Hawaii with Auntie. Jen took us to a water park in Clovis. We played in the water for a few hours. Another good fun time with my loves.









The day we went to the zoo, we were able to feed the giraffes. Very incredible to be that close with nature and God's creation. Joey fed the giraffe for the first time. He is a little reserved with his emotions but he enjoyed himself. He kept pointing up to the giraffe and making a baby grunt (I know he was saying something, we just can't understand it yet).






Once Trin Trin and I got this down we were both feeding the giraffes at the same time. I think these fellows were enjoying a leaf at the same time instead of waiting their turn.













Trin and I had our arms out like the big condor. She was giggling the whole time. You have got to love the heart of a child, so precious.





Here is papa with his two grand children. Dad had not been feeling well and had some stuff going on but I honestly and really believe the turning point for him was going down to the birthday party, being with his grand children and his family.
Joey had no problem dipping into his cake and trying to eat it. Cake and frosting was everywhere. Trinity was just the opposite for her 1st birthday, once she got a little bit of frosting on her hands she started crying. Jen told me the day after Joey's party that his dirty diaper was filled with green and blue.
The party ended with a few memorable stories that will always be part of Joey's 1st birthday celebration but we keep that between family.
My family and my loves are a huge blessing from the LORD to me.

No comments: