Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thanks To Grandpa









Thanks to my grandfather George, I know how to tie a tie (using the method displayed above). Last week was promotion for the 8th graders at the school that I teach at. The theme was "black and white" dress attire and all of the students looked so nice. As I walked into my office across the black top, I saw several young men with ties draped across their necks but not tied. The thought went through my head that maybe they did not know how to tie a neck tie. I told each of them how nice and handsome they looked and then asked if they were being relaxed with their tie (because the ceremony was an hour away) or if they did not know how to tie a tie. I mentioned casually to them that if they did not know how to tie one that I could assist them. Each young man was eager to have me tie their tie. As I started to tie the first tie, several other young men lined up to have their ties tied. It was cute and I think there should be an in-service next year for the young men on how to tie a tie. After each tie I tied, I told them, "Thanks to my Grandpa, I know how to tie a tie!"

Images taken from Google Images

1 comment:

Steve Scott said...

Tying a tie is an arduous, exacting affair for me. It takes far longer than the ten seconds it takes some men in the movies. So I cheat.

When I buy a new tie, I tie it once, then let the loose end out just enough to get it over my head. Then I tighten the knot and hang it in my closet, never having to tie it again. :)