Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Another Year Down

There are now 15 years of teaching completed, 5 years in Los Angeles and 10 years at my current school. As each year winds down to an end, I am more eager to go on break than the year prior. This year was a good one for me but I was just so ready to be finished with it all for awhile. I know this year, I was really busy the last 3 weeks of school, in my school and personal life. All of the details may have tired me some.

Here are a few of my plans for the summer, please ask me how any are going, and not sure what all I will get done: resurface my pool (posts soon to come), clean up my yard, kill the Bermuda grass in the front yard, go to root on the Giants at the ball park, swim, exercise, walk with Suzi, win the weight challenge between a few family members, spend time with my sisters and my niece and nephew, deep clean the whole house including my closet, have friends and family over to enjoy the pool and a meal, play some board/card games, go to the farmer's market on Tuesday mornings and Thursday evenings, can more jam, learn how to can tomatoes, corn, beans, homemade BBQ sauce, and maybe pickles, catch up with my Bible reading, see a few movies, quick trip to LA, celebrate my nephew's, sister's and dad's birthdays, lead the game time at VBS week, teach a few kids or big kids how to swim, go to Lassen and climb to the summit and . . . not sure what else at the moment. My time will go to fast and I have to be back at work on August 20th, already a sour thought in my mind.

No comments: