Friday, August 24, 2007

Sunrise or Sunset, Which Do You Prefer?

This past weekend, I was was up at Lake Tahoe with some friends. K & D have a cabin right on the lake on the south side. Incredible views of the lake, surrounding mountains, marina, beach and the evergreens. A couple of the mornings my dear friend Dawn and I raced outside before 6am to catch the rising of the sun. O the beauty of God bursting forth another day. Each passing moment had a wonderful and unique display of beauty, from the various shades of grey along the mountain ridges to the first reflections of the suns rays on the glassy lake to the sky lite up with brilliant colors of blue, purple, red, orange and yellow. Reminds me of Psalm 65:8 "And they who dwell in the ends of the earth stand in awe of Thy signs; Thou dost make the dawn and the sunset shout for joy".

One day it was pretty incredible, we sat and watched the sun rise and later watched the sun set. Pretty cool to have the time to sit and watch both in one day. There is something therapeutic to the soul in watching the sun rise and/or the sun set. When I take the time to enjoy the dawn or dusk, I am reminded of God's amazing faithfulness, His goodness, His grace and His Holiness. Personally, I am more of a sunrise girl. What do you enjoy more, a sunrise or a sunset?

No comments: