Monday, August 27, 2007

Kindred Spirits

God has blessed me richly over the years to have several friends who are deeply dear to my heart. They are sisters in the Lord but they are also family to me. So many people have not even had one (besides their spouse) good friend in their lifetime but I have had several. Saturday I was able to catch up with two of my college roommates via cell phone. The beauty of these kindred friendships is that we may not talk for months (this is sad to me but miles and busy lives make it this way) but we can connect instantly. These dear friends know me well, they know my joys, my hard times, my struggles, little insights that others may not know. I am always encouraged, uplifted, brought to extreme of emotions, and stimulated to walk closer with my God by our talks. I am so thankful to God for my kindred friendships, God has used them greatly to help me become who I am today and who I will become in the future.

No comments: