Monday, August 13, 2007

Love to Sing

I love singing songs that speak of my Savior and my God. Here are the lyrics to a few we sang on Sunday.


You Are My King Billy Foote, 1996 worshiptogether.com songs

I'm forgiven because You were forsaken
I'm accepted; You were condemned.
I'm alive and well, Your Spirit is within me
Because You died and rose again.

Amazing love, how can it be
That You, my King, would die for me?
Amazing love, I know it's true;
It's my joy to honor You. In all I do I honor You.

You are my King, You are my King.
Jesus, You are my King. Jesus, You are my King.


How Deep the Father's Love for Us, Stuart Townend, 1995 Kingsway's Thankyou Music

How deep the Father's love for us, how vast beyond all measure!
That He should give His only Son to make a wretch His treasure!
How great the pain of searing loss, the Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One bring many sons to glory.

Behold the man upon a cross, my sin upon His shoulders;
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there until it was accomplished;
His dying breath has brought me life- I know that it is finished.

I will not boast in anything, no gifts, no power, no wisdom;
But I will boast in Jesus Christ, His death and resurrection.
Why should I gain from His reward: I cannot give an answer,
But this I know with all my heart, His wounds have paid my ransom.


Oh, my heart especially loves the second song. Verse two causes my heart to well up every time I sing it. My tear filled eyes are of gratitude, joy and hope. I can only imagine what heaven will be like. My heart longs for that eternity of true and pure worship.

No comments: