Thursday, August 16, 2007

Blond Moment

In my family when we do something "air head"-ish we call it a Blond Moment. My apologies in advance to any blonds who might be reading my post and don't like my terminology.

Last night I had a Blond Moment. Every week the blue trash can and the large brown recycling can are picked up and every other week the large green yard clippings can is picked up with the others. Well I got home late last night and I dragged (kinda rolled down the driveway behind the heavy can) the trash and recycle cans down my driveway and placed on the street. This morning I left when it was light enough to tell my colors (going to my swim workout) and I did not notice anything out of the ordinary. I returned from my swim class and drove right past the cans and into the garage. I left before lunch to go to a "Senior's Luncheon" and had to pull out of the garage at a wavy angle to avoid the blue can that had been picked up and relocated in the middle of my driveway. I still did not notice anything out of the ordinary. I came home from my luncheon and discovered the green can was out and not the brown can. The real funny thing about all of this, not only was it not green can week, but I had completely filled the brown can with recyclables and I had done some yard work and the green can was completely full. So the brown can is full for next week and I had to drag the heavy green can back up the driveway. This is an example of a Blond Moment.

No comments: