Monday, July 21, 2008

Random Pictures

Here are a few random pictures taken from my trip to Lassen last week.


Firstly, thank all the fire fighters for their faithful committment to fight fires for the sake of civilians. On the drive up to Lassen we saw several "crews" of fire fighters traveling to one of the biggies within the hundreds of fires burning. When my grandma and I went into a local city we stopped at the airport and saw this helicopter. The large tube hanging on the underside is called a snorkel. This snorkel is placed in a lake or creek to suck up water to dump on a fire. Pretty cool!





This is in a meadow near the cabin. I had stopped the car to take a few pictures of some daisy's. Thought this fence was pretty with the green grass below.













I love this picture. Daisy's remind me of the silly saying we did as kids when we liked a boy and plucking petals, "He loves me, he loves me not. . ." But since being a Christian I like to say, "He loves me, He loves me, He loves me, He forever loves me. . ." Because I am His, it is always, He loves me!








Just looking up a tree trunk. As you can see the air quality was poor the day I took the picture because of a few close wild fires burning. There was no blue in the sky this day.










This picture was taken up at Lake Helen at the base of Mt. Lassen. The elevation here was close to 8,000 feet. On this day, my grandma and I drove up to the national park and had lunch by the lake with the peak in the background.

Speaking of the peak, it has been a few years since I have climbed to the top. Hopefully, I will get up there this year.

No comments: