Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fever and Prayer Request

Hi all, if you read this sometime by Monday am, I have a prayer request to ask of you. Monday the VBS program starts at our church and I am leading the games/recreation time each day for 3 groups of children. Thursday night I came down with a mystery virus that just needs to run it's coarse. I have had a fever for most of the time since Thursday evening and still have a slight one tonight. This morning I woke up with a sore throat and suspicious looking spots. I went and had a throat culture done for strep yet it came back negative. That is a good thing but I need to be free of my fever for about 24 hours before I start working with the kids. If I am not able to be there, we already have plan B worked out but it would just be easier if I was able to lead the games. God has a plan and I know He is in control. He if wants someone else to lead the games then I know that will work out just fine. So, if you think of it, please say a prayer for my fever and throat. I have a feeling that God is going to do great and mighty things through VBS this year. In the very slightest way this reminds me of my pre-Mexico mission trip a long while back.

Ultimately, I know this little fever is NOTHING in the scheme of everything. I have been reading a web page called ConnorWatch. This web page was set up 40 days ago when a young man (18 years old) injured his spinal cord while attending a youth camp. This young man is daily fighting for his life and the life that he will now live. So, my little fever is NOTHING but I do ask you to pray.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! It is so good to hear from you!! It is so fun to catch up with people I have lost touch with.

What is your email address? It would be good to hear how you are doing too!

I hope you are feeling better!! :)