Saturday, July 26, 2008

Bye Bye Duram, Welcome back Roberts, Last 2 Times at the Ball Park


Last Sunday, my dad took all of us to a Giants game for his birthday. What a guy. Happy late birthday dad. Love you. We had a great time. It was absolutely a wonderful fun time even though the Giants lost. The age range was well represented with our clan. My 93 year old Grandma and my 5 week old nephew attended. My sweet niece, can cheer just like the rest of us. All of us were decked out in our Giants fan wear.

Early that day I heard that possibly the Giant's 2nd baseman, Ray Duram was going to be traded at the end of the game. This saddened me a little because Ray Ray was beloved by the fans. I have two favorite memories of Ray Ray. One time he hit a walk off home run. The stadium came unglued and we all stood and hooped and hollered for about 20 minutes. It was soooosweet. Someone (will remain nameless) who I know well used to work as a bouncer at MoMo's across from the ball park. This person knows of my love of the Giants and liking Ray Duram. Ray Ray came in after a game and spoke with my friend. My friend got out his cell phone and had Ray Ray give me a call. Sadly, I had my phone on silent when he called but he left a message. It was a fun message. I saved that message for about 2 years. It would have been nice if the Giants played Ray for his last game with the Giants. The fans would have given him a proper goodbye. Bye, Bye Ray Ray.


Here are some pictures from the day we all went. The picture above is of my loves in their Giants gear.













Here's Jen, Joe and my mom (in the back ground) holding baby Joey. Cute picture J & J.

Mom you are the best Grandma ever. Trin Trin loves you so much and Baby Joey loves you too!

Amy and I went to a day game on Thursday. We had a great time and this time the Giants won.

Here we are at the ball park after the Giant's won. Always a good day at the ball park when the good guys win. See the giant Coke~Cola bottle in the back ground? Some of you know this, some of you don't but there are 4 long slides inside the bottle. 2 are curvy and the other two are a straight shot down with a couple of dips along the way. On Sunday, Amy and I had a race down the slides. Each time I got to the bottom first. She claimed it was her jeans that held her up. I know better.


At Thursday's game Dave Roberts returned from being on the DL. It was good to have him back and he stole the show, literally. He made two fantastic plays in the outfield and hit a base hit to knock in the lone Giant's run and the only run of the ball game in the 8th inning. Welcome back Dave.


As you can see Amy got attacked by a giant spider on our walk down the water front.







Here is a random picture of an old street car. Thought it was cool. I think it still is in operation.

No comments: