Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Peaches and Cream

One of my summer time favorites to eat anytime (for breakfast, lunch, dinner, a snack or dessert) is fresh peaches and milk. Yumahuh! Click here for a past post on the defination of Yumahuh! My mouth is watering just thinking of it. Think I will have to have a mid-afternoon tasty snack. Here is the basic recipe.

1-2 fresh peaches (the fresher the better), cut up in slices
1-2 Tablespoons of sugar (really best with organic sugar) 1 Cup milk (any grade will do, I use 2% because that is what I use for my coffee and anything else)
Stir and eat.

O, you just can't go wrong. Let me know what you think if you try it.

Photo taken from Google images.

3 comments:

Some girl from Raleigh. said...

WHile I was out and about today at a museum with the Small Fry, I saw Matt and Eileen Stephens. They were here visiting Matts parents who actually live in Cary! I was both shocked and delighted. We talked about how much we both missed you and want to visit with you soon.

What a hoot, huh?!

Love you.

SignorinaD said...

Ah, Shells, about those peaches ... grill 'em for breakfast! ;> Add a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, or - my current favorite spice, garam masala - before splashing on the milk. All that's missing is a pie crust.

Joe and Trin are too adorable! Just wait; Auntie's house will be THE next family hangout in a few years.

Miss you - call me back soon!

Jerrepie

Shelly said...

Yes, I love them grilled. They are tasty indeed. I soon will have to try them for breakfast, sounds yummy. Often I serve peaches, plums or apriocots grilled for a dessert when I have company over. Grill em after you are done doing the rest of your grilling for the meal and then slap on the fruit. Add a little ice cream, and ooooohhhhlala, you are the hostess of the century.