Friday, June 27, 2008

Yicky Air Quality

There are several hundred (last I heard over 800) wild fires burning up here in Northern California. Honestly, I have not really seen the sun or blue sky since Saturday from all the smoke. If I have seen the sun it has deep haze to it. You can look at the sun with your naked eye and see the outline of the brightest star in our galaxy. At sunset, the sun is a big huge orange ball in the sky. I took these two pictures at about 6 pm on Tuesday. The sun is setting now at about 8:45.

The air quality has gotten even worse since taking these photos. The visibility is about 1/2 to 1 mile. I love walking in the morning during summer vacation with my friend Suzi from church. Due to the quality of the air, I have not done my normal exercise routine.
I praise God for the men and women who are fighting the wild fires and I pray that none of them lose their lives.

No comments: