Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Curse is Broken

Finally, the curse has been broken of the Giant's losing the games that I attended. Monday night my dad and I went and saw the Giant's play the New York Mets. This was my 5th game of out at the ol' ballpark this season, the first 4 were all loses. Not Monday night though, my boys kicked around the boys from York Town . Yeah hey! I was starting to tell those who attended the games with me that I might be a bad omen or something.

This was the first game, since buying season tickets from my friend Steve (think 3 or 4 seasons now), that Steve was actually at the game too. My dad and I were sitting next to him and his friend Mike. They sure know how to heckle the other team. If you want to read more about how to heckle from Steve, click here. What I really enjoyed seeing was Steve wore his glove the whole game to catch a foul ball if it came his way. I have brought my glove to games but I don't wear it the whole time. Or, I don't bring my glove because there is too much other things in my bag (like a jacket, a sweatshirt, long underwear, a hat, gloves, floor heater. . .) and no room for my glove. I need to change that. Maybe I will catch a ball if I bring my glove.

My dad and I were glad that we went on Monday because Tuesday the tide had turned and the Giant's got clobbered. A highlight from Monday night's game was we saw red hot Benjie Molina hit his 1,000th hit. It was pretty exciting. He has a pretty amazing story. Check his story out from Benjie's blog http://bengiemolina.mlblogs.com/.

There were two fans to my right, a boy who was a Met's fan and his mother, a Giant's fan. The mom told me a interesting fact about the official colors of the Met's. I don't know if what she said is true but I found it interesting. Both the Giants and the Dodgers (yuck) left New York so the Met's made their team colors orange and blue. Blue is my favorite color except when the Giants are playing the Dodgers (yuck again) or the dirty blue are in front of the Giants in the NLW standings. I would never want someone to think I was a Dodger fan.

1 comment:

Steve Scott said...

Shelly, your neighbor was right. The Giants and Dodgers left NY after the 1957 season, and the Mets became an expansion team in 1962. They borrowed orange and blue from the departed teams, since they were both NL teams, and hoped to gain both fan bases to the new team. Of course, the 1962 Mets were the worst team in all of history.