Saturday, June 21, 2008

God's A/C

It has been hot in Northern California for several days now. Today the temperature is projected to reach up around 106. This is the 3rd or 4th day in a row over the century mark. My house does not have air conditioning, mainly, because I really don't need it. In a given year if I added all the days up of where I would need to turn on the A/C on (when it reaches 82 or above in the house) would be about 25-30 days. So, those 25 or so days are really warm in my house and the rest are manageable.


The Bay Area is a unique area in that in the summer time, it can be hot for a few days and then usually the fog rolls in (literally rolls in over the hills) from the coast giving the inland a cooler breeze in the evening and mornings. This wonderful cooler relief air is God's natural A/C.
Thankfully, God provided me a home with a pool. When there is no relief inside the house, I simply take a dip in the exhilarating, refreshing cool waters of my pool. This morning at 10am the temp was already 90 outside and 82 inside. I did a little work outside and then swam around for a bit. Very delightful.


Pictures taken from Google images.

2 comments:

Cherie Baker Vann said...

girl, you are so lucky to have a pool!! I told Todd when we move to texas my only requirements are a pool and a little bit of land. The house could be falling down for all I care!! Hope it cools down today! we were out last night - at 5pm it was 111!! at 7pm it was 104. Amazing... and congrats on your new nephew!! And you knwo what else I'm going to ask you, so just email me with the answer... hahahahah

Steve Scott said...

Shelly,

I love going to a night game driving along hwy 24 in Orinda, and seeing the fog roll over the Oakland hills, at like 50mph, and having it vaporize into nothing. The constant "fingers" of fog simply disappearing into the heat of the inland air defense.