Wednesday, April 30, 2008

First Ball Game of 2008

Last night my dad and I went to see the Giant's play the Rockies. There is something unique about going to the ball park to watch a game. There is so much to watch and be entertained by at the ball park. AT&T Park is a wonderful baseball park. My dad and I enjoy going to the games together. Here's dad with the Bay Bridge and the Coke-Cola bottle. Did you know the bottle has two slides to ride down in the inside?
Last night it was really cold at the ball park. I think I had 5 layers on and was still pretty cold. When the Giant's used to play in Candlestick Park (just down the freeway a few miles) it was said of the stadium and the cold, "you would be more cold at a night Giant's game in the middle of the summer than a 49er game in the dead of winter".
Dad and I went to dinner at our favorite place inside the park, an Irish Pub. We love the fish and chips there. Last night as we stood and ate we were joined by several dozen Giant's fans all watching the San Jose Sharks play in their playoff game. Kinda fun to be among Giant's fans cheering for a the Sharks.

I love this sign. It is funny. Just in case you were wanting to go to the Polo Grounds, almost 3,000 miles away.





The Giant's lost the game on a questionable balk call by the umpire. The evening would have been perfect if the Giant's would have won but I always enjoy a good evening with my daddy.



Rumor has it that if a player hits a home run and hits the big 4 fingered glove, that a random fan in the stands will win 1 Million. That would be over a 500' shot!

No comments: