Sunday, April 20, 2008

30 Seconds


This afternoon I put out new hummingbird food and I sat down on a patio and started counting. The two feeders have been bone dry for at least one week now. Within counting to 30 seconds a hummingbird was feasting off of the sweet water. It amazes me, it was like he was taking watch somewhere off in a tree just waiting for me to fill the feeder.
Here is the very simple recipe that I use to make nectar for the humming birds. Remember 4 to 1.
4 Cups water
1 Cup sugar
Stir sugar and water over medium high heat until water boils for 2 minutes. Let cool and fill into cleaned humming bird feeders.
Note: no red food coloring is needed, in fact, experts say that the dye is harmful to the birds.
Picture taken from Google images.

7 comments:

Shelly said...

I did not proof read this before I published. Sorry. Somehow Blogger would not let me edit my mistake. For the correction, "I sat down on a patio chair"

Have a great week!
Shelly

Lauren said...

It's called Heaven by Randy Alcorn. He has a easier version called Heaven for Kids. I enjoy reading your posts too.

Lauren said...

Shelly, thanks for praying for me and my family. It is a good feeling to know there are prayer warriors out there praying for me.

Dave

Lauren said...

Shelly, thanks for praying for me and my family. It is good to know there are prayer warriors out there praying for me.

Dave

Cherie Baker Vann said...

hey girl - hope you got my email back and hope I didn't offend you in any way! would love to know your thoughts, hope you're having a great day!! Cherie

Anonymous said...

Shelly,
Is it really you? Wow, it's been years since we saw each other. Though it would be better if it's face to face, I am so glad, at least, to find you in cyberspace and keep up with life in NorCal. How are you?
~Nina

Shelly said...

Hi Nina,

You have got to help me out as to which Nina you are. In my life there have been at least 4 Nina's that I have known. Please comment again and I will be able to have a much better conversation with you.

Have a great day!
Because He reigns!

Shelly