Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Blood Donor Saved My Life

A few weeks ago I was talking to Suzi at church and saw a button on her jean jacket pocket. The little round button had a red cross in the middle and had this written on it, "A Blood Donor Saved My Life". I stood there wondering what was Suzanne's story and how a blood donation saved her life. Thankfully, I did not open my mouth before I thought out the saying on the button. The button was in reference to the blood that Christ shed to save her life from eternal damnation. What a clever way get people to ask you about your Life Saver.


On a different note of being a blood donor, today I gave blood at the blood bank next to the church. Since my college days, I have always enjoyed giving blood. About 6 years ago, I started to have trouble giving blood because my iron level was low. Seemed like every time I went in to give, I would be turned away (and this always was after the long list of detailed personal questions). After so many times of being turned away I just gave up trying to donate. About 2 months ago, my church had a blood drive and this time was able to donate. If the Lord allows, I would like to continue on a regular basis of giving blood.

No comments: