Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mom is Glad

My heart and prayers go out to the people in Southern California during this terrible time of fires and Santa Ana winds. Praise the LORD that thus far only one person has lost their life. I have talked with a few of my dear friends who live in the area. Two of the friends I talked to said the flames came close to their homes and they had their bags packed ready to evacuate if needed but the flames turned away to another direction.

For 10 years I lived in the L.A. area and each of those years had something significant that made national news. Some of my experiences: floods, fires, earthquake, Rodney King, riots/curfew, trial for the police, more riots, O.J. Simpson, trial and acquittal, and El Nino. As any mom would do, my mom worried with each of these and pleaded with me to get out of L.A. The other morning she told me that she was very glad that I was no longer in L.A.

No comments: