Saturday, September 15, 2007

Getting Carded

This morning I spoke to my mom as they were driving down to visit my sister Jen, Joe and my sweet niece Trinity. Mom told me a funny little story about something that happened at dinner last night. My mom, dad and grandma went out for a bite to eat at Fuddrucker's. A younger waiter took the order from my family. When my 92 year old grandma- who looks great- (sorry grandma- for the sake of the story I needed to include your age-) ordered, the waiter asked, "Are you a senior?" He almost made her show her identification card to prove it.

I don't purchase alcohol often but more times than not, I still get carded, carded on the other end of the spectrum from my grandma. Gives me a belly laugh every time. The person checking my drivers license always looks at it very closely to make sure it is real. Lord willing, I have the same young looking gene as my grandmother. If I could look half as young as she does when I am older, I will be doing good.

1 comment:

Some girl from Raleigh. said...

Ha ha. That was a goos story shelly. I miss your grandma (and you too).