Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Friendship Garden

This summer I started my Friendship Garden. A friendship garden is a garden that includes plants, pots and memories that have been given to me by good friends. My dear friends Alex and Charity moved away to North Carolina and they gave me their "lemon aid" lemon bush. I know it was hard for them to part with this great, little lemon bush but they told me that I would give it a good home. It has not been put in the ground yet because I am want it to be part of my front yard make over. When I got this citrus, it was in bloom. The plant now has little lemons growing on it. Alex and Charity, he is doing real good, he misses you though. My garden also has "sweet vinca". My dear friends Matt and Eileen moved to central California this summer. They gave me a great pot to add to my friendship garden. I planted several vincas in the pot. It is a beautiful display of color. So bright and cheery, just like my dear friends. Each time I water these two plants I think of my dear friends who are now in a different location. I pray for them as I water my garden.

No comments: