Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Creating a blog hymnal

My church is in the middle of a series called "Beware of Idols", click here if you want to listen in. The series has been really good and has convicted my heart in a few areas. Praise God for His Spirit that works in and on my heart. The songs that are song at my church are carefully and prayerfully planned out to assist the proclamation of the Word of God. I love singing songs that are deeply rooted in who God is and what Christ has done on my behalf. My intent in sharing these songs with the blogging world is to cause you and I to gaze upon Him. I can go back and look at past posts (in my blog hymnal, hahaha) and remember my God and my Savior. Here are a few of the incredible songs that I want to share with you this week: In Christ Alone (I want this song at my funeral), Psalm 62 and Surrender All.

In Christ Alone by Keith Getty & Stuart Townend@ 2002Thankyou Music.

In Christ alone my hope is found. He is my light, my strength, my song;
This cornerstone, this solid ground, firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My comforter, my all in all, here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone, Who took on flesh, fullness of God in helpless Babe!
This gift of love and righteousness, scorned by the ones He came to save.
'Til on that cross as Jesus died, the wrath of God was satisfied.
For every sin on Him was laid; here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay, light of the world by darkness slain;
Then, bursting forth in glorious day, up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory, sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine, bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death, this is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man, can ever pluck me from His hand;
'Til He returns or calls me home, here in the power of Christ I'll stand!

Psalm 62 John Michael Talbot, EMI Christian Music Publishing

Only in God is my soul at rest, in Him comes my salvation.
He only is my rock, my strength and my salvation.

My stronghold, my Savior, I shall not be afraid at all.
My stronghold, my Savior, I shall not be alone.

Only in God is found safety when the enemy pursues me.
Only in God is found glory when I am found meek and found lowly.

Surrender All 2005 Sovereign Grace Praise

Take all I am, Lord, and all that I cling to.
You are my Savior I owe everything to.
Take all the treasures that lie in my storehouse.
They cannot follow when I enter Your house.

So I surrender all to You.
And I surrender all.
I surrender all to You.
I surrender all.

Take all my craving for vain recognition,
Fleshly indulgence, and worldly ambition.
I want so much Lord to make You the focus,
To serve You in secret and never be noticed.

Take all my hunger for all that's forbidden,
Every desire and sin I keep hidden.
Search me and know me, I want to bring to You
A life that is holy and sanctified through You.

Enjoy the songs. I love them. They are dear to my heart. Imagine the songs that will be song in heaven.

No comments: