Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Yum

The last few years my garden lacked a good yield. Partly due to my lack of attention in the garden (sore back which leads to inability to weed, water, and tend the garden) and weird weather. I can't say the weather has changed much this year but my back is behaving better. For about a month I have been getting various types of squashes. They are yummy.

















Finally, the tomatoes are turning red. Both of these in the picture should be ready eating (I mean picking) within a day or two. Last week I started eating my little golden cherry sized tomatoes- yum, they never make it inside.






















The garden is very green and lush. My tomato plants are tall, maybe 4' tall. The one thing that is different this summer is I have been fertilizing the plants once a month. Ohhhh, they like getting fed. Now if the weather would turn a tiny bit warmer, the tomatoes will turn from green to yummy red.















My front yard is exploding with color. Anyone need some English lavender? I will harvest some soon. I love color in my yard.

The huge bummer in my garden this year was the NO fruit production from the apricot and plum trees. Both received a very good trimming in February. Maybe the trees needed a rest this year. I still have in my freezer fruit from last year. Time to jam and pie!














I so love daisy's. They remind me of God's unfailing and tender hearted love He has for me. Unlike what the world says about daisies, "he loves me, he loves me not. . . ." With God choosing me as His own, dying on the cross for me, it is, "He loves me, He will always love me. . . ."- and that will go on for eternity!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love Love Love your veggies! They are so very yummy! You have a beautiful yard and pool. We love hanging out with you. Little E loves his Auntie ShawShaw!