Saturday, July 30, 2011

God's Glory Seen in His Creation


Scripture talks about the hills, rocks, trees, flowers, ocean, all of creation, shouts joyfully to the LORD for His salvation, for His glory and declaring His future judgement.

Psalm 96:11-13
11 Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice; Let the sea roar, and all it contains;
12 Let the field exult, and all that is in it. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy
13 Before the LORD, for He is coming,
For He is coming to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness And the peoples in His faithfulness.

Psalm 98:7-9
7 Let the sea roar and all it contains,
The world and those who dwell in it.
8 Let the rivers clap their hands,
Let the mountains sing together for joy
9 Before the LORD, for He is coming to judge the earth; He will judge the world with righteousness And the peoples with equity.

Romans 1:20
20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

Not often enough, but many times I am in awe of the beauty that surround me. My little camera and my lack of ability don't really give justice to how incredibly beautiful the creation is.

Last night my friend Dawn and I took a walk around the Martinez marina. There are walking paths that wander around a protected marsh area and shoreline. Nice regional planning for people to enjoy the beauty.

One day, I want to take a photography class so I can capture God's creation better. I love posting the pictures on the blog not for anyone to see (I only have a few viewers-who have most likely given up on the blog because I don't post often, and most of my posts are not that interesting) but as a type of scrapbook for me. I like looking back at the beautiful things I have seen, most of which are almost right in my back yard (some are from my back yard!).

God is impressing on my heart now, that even plants that I would call "weeds" are beautiful. There is a spiky weed that grows on the walking path I walk on, that is absolutely beautiful right now. This plant has periwinkle blue flowers on it. Wow, it is incredible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous pictures, Shells! And yes, I do still follow your blog! :-) Love you! Jen Arend