Friday, July 30, 2010

Job Placement

Waiting on the Lord has great reward. I don't think in this lifetime I will truly understand the fullness and complexity of waiting on God's perfect timing for a perfect answer to my prayers. He is faithful to give me glimpses of the rewards in this life. Last week I found out my job placement for this upcoming school year. To my great surprise, I actually had a choice of 2 jobs. Option 1 was being at 3 separate schools each work week, 2 days, 2 days, 1 day. Option 2 was being at a single site, a site that is going through major overhaul to improve test scores. My choice- option 2! What an honor to be offered option 2, to be part of the rebuilding process, to Lord willing, assist a struggling school to become a successful school. God gave me a little reward for causing me to wait upon Him.

For me, waiting on the Lord is not so easy. Daily I need to go to Him, begging Him to help me wait on Him, to trust in the sovereign plan He has for my life. The duration of the wait this time on the Lord was short compared to other things I am waiting on the Lord for (20+ years). There is still much waiting on Him with this job, there are so many unknowns at this point. And then there is the science test.

Waiting and trusting. He is so good all the time.

Psalm 100
Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth. Serve the LORD with
gladness; Come before Him with joyful singing. Know that the LORD Himself is
God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the
sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving And His courts with
praise. Give thanks to Him, bless His name. For the LORD is good; His
lovingkindness is everlasting And His faithfulness to all
generations.

No comments: