Saturday, July 10, 2010

It's A Post!

So, I guess I can say that I am a fair weather blogger. My last post was on March 3rd, quite a long while ago. March 3rd started "Operation Trust in the Lord". The Lord has been so gracious to me, as He always is gracious, to lead and direct my way. God has faithfully brought trials my way to refine and perfect me, to make me more like Christ. My trials have been light in comparison to what others have been through. I am grateful for the trials and thankful that God is faithfully always by my side. God so faithfully worked to prepare me for the future.

Here is a mere glimpse into some of what God has revealed to me since March 3rd.

  • March 3- my PE department plans a meeting with school administration to talk about master calendar issues that relate to PE and the school. To our huge surprise, the administration notified the five of us that the district was eliminating one whole PE position out of the next year's master calendar line. Class size would go from starting at 40 students/class to 55. The administration told one of our dear male PE teachers that he would be placed at another site for the next school year, because he was lowest seniority with 9 years in the district. This would leave us with 3 female teachers and just one male teacher. God started to work in my heart that very moment that I thought I might be the one who would be placed in another school (even with 11 years at the same school, I was the lowest seniority female in my PE department). The issue is that the locker rooms have to be supervised and one male teacher can not possible watch, supervise and be free from possible accusations with over 100 middle school boys in one small area at a time. Will I trust God?
  • End of March- my district is in the process of doing massive cut backs to balance the horrible state budget. The decision was made to lay off PE teacher up to 8 years 10 month seniority in the district. Next year's anticipated cuts look to be even more harsh on physical education for the students. God starts the process in my heart to prepare for possible cut backs in the future that would cause me to be without a job. My mind starts thinking of all the possible routes that I can take to help insure I have a job next year. Crazy times. God is faithful.
  • Mid April- pink slips are given out to some 20 PE teachers. I have decided that I want to pursue a science teaching credential, since the district is not laying off science teachers. Not sure if I want to take college courses or take the CSET test. God is sovereign and He is in control.
  • April- May- refinement period. God brings on smaller trials, but trials no the less to continually cause me to go back and rest in my faithful God. Even when my heart was weak, He encouraged my soul. Here is a list of a few of the trials: Easter Sunday my beloved Bible was misplaced and has yet to be found, a roommate situation was not working out the way I had hoped, my grandfather clock (made by my grandfather), earth quake strapped to the wall and all, crashed to the ground and sustained some damage, one of my cats decided to start marking his territory on my carpet and wall and my back completely "went out". It is well with my soul and God is good.
  • June- I am called into the principals office and told what I felt deep down in my heart since March 3rd, that truly it was I that was leaving the school and being placed at another school(s) due to cutbacks and needing to equalize the locker rooms. My co-workers, myself and the entire school are saddened. Praise the Lord, I have worked hard at this school for 11 years and this has been my mission field. It was hard to go but God has been yet again so faithful and so good to me. He alone is my rock, my fortress and my deliver.
  • To this point- the district is a little overwhelmed, if I can say, with all of the massive cut backs that they have done, they have not figured out the placement of everyone yet. The Lord knows where my new mission field will be, looks like it will be elementary PE. The last 15 years have been teaching middle school and now I will start elementary. As to the science credential, honestly- it is not something I want to pursue but I still feel God wants me to be faithful in this area. By His grace alone, I am studying to take the CSET exam in either September or November. I am having a hard time sitting down and studying, for now it is chemistry, it will get to physics, astronomy, biology, earth science, genetics and evolution. The test material is like getting 6 BS in the different science areas. The test and how I do is in God's hands. He knows, He is sovereign, He moves the way He wants. All of my days, I will trust in the Lord.

Thanks for your patience, I'll try to keep you updated but from my history as a blogger, I know better. There's more I want to share but that will be for later posts. Hope all is well with you and that you can say with me, "It is well with my soul".

No comments: