Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bucket List- check

CHECK



One of the items I was able to check as completed on my "Bucket List", was Opening Day with the San Francisco Giants at AT&T Park. Everything lined up this year for me to attend, I was on spring break from work, I actually was able to purchase tickets the first day tickets went on sale (part of checking off this item on my list), they were not expensive and my dad was able to go with me.

What a beautiful day in the city. The weather was perfect, perfect baseball weather. There was something special in the air this day, the Giant's won!

Dad and I took BART in and walked by the waterway to the ballpark.


It was pretty incredible to see the huge American flag at the start of the game.

Dad loves his fish and chips and tradition has it about 9/10 that we get fish and chips from the Irish Pub on the 3rd level. We walked out to the seats to hear the national anthem and to see the fly over. From our vantage point, we saw the fighter jets come in through the Golden Gate Bridge and under the Bay Bridge.



Something special about the feel at the yard on Opening Day.


On an exciting side note, my mom has really taken to the Giant's this year. She has enjoyed the Giant's but she is really getting into the games this year. She listens to all the games and is following how well the individual players are doing. On a regular basis she either calls me or I call her to talk about something that just happened in the game or to talk about the game afterwards. Both of us are on a first name basis with the players. By far, without a blink of an eye, her favorite player is Andres Torres. He is "her boy" and the best player on the whole team. The "boys" are even getting nicknames in her book, and mine too, there's Huff Daddy, Buster Boy, UuuuuRibe, Whitey, Eye Candy, Panda, Ichy, Freddy Boy, and Boch. I'm having fun talking baseball, mostly Giant's baseball with my mom. Love her dearly.
Next weekend we are celebrating my dads birthday and he is taking the whole family to the game. We have done this for the last 4 years. Fun time.




No comments: