Monday, December 7, 2009

Snow Days



The mountain near my home and work gets snow on it a couple times a year but not the entire mountain nor the low lying hills. A cold front went through this morning and everything got a little dusting of beautiful snow.




The top two photos are from the top of the upper PE field at my school. Thankfully, my teaching station was not outside in the cold (the high today was in the low 40's) but in the comfort of the warm gymnasium. Tomorrow all the classes are outside for a run day, the highs are projected to be the same as today. Time to pull out the long underwear and layer it up.



The snow lasted the entire day and will most like last through tomorrow on the mountain. I took this shot driving down the highway of a different side of the same mountain above.

There is one time in my life that I remember it snowing at the house where I grew up. If my memory is correct I was in the 1st or 2nd grade. There was not much snow that was sticking to the ground, around 4". Mom and dad let my sister and I go out and play in it before school. We made a smaller snowman. That day, we went to school late to frolic in the snow. Still waiting for the day it snows again at my house, just not the hills and mountains close by.

1 comment:

Steve Scott said...

We took the kids up the mountain today. Plenty of snow left, 3-6 inches. They've never been before. Great fun!