Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Birthday Surprise

My sister Jen, is the queen of surprises and she pulled a great one on me this past weekend for my birthday. For the last several years, I have participated in a run/walk that my school promotes to the students. Usually the race takes place on the same weekend my birthday is celebrated. Just seconds before my 5K race started, I hear, "Auntie, Auntie!" I turn around and see my two sweet loves waving a sign and a hand wildly at me. What a surprise to see them at the race, I had no idea they were going to come and celebrate my birthday with me. Jen, my mom and Amy did a great job of not letting me in on the secret.

Knowing that I had two precious little one's waiting for me, helped me finish my race quickly. For this race, I had decided to walk the entire 5K and see if I could get my best walking time. My time at the finish line was 39:50, that's about 13:15 per mile. This was 6 minutes faster than my previous time. Next year my goal is to either run the 5K race or run/walk the 10K race.

Every year I am showered with love and kindness from my family and dear friends who want to celebrate my birthday with me. There are still a few more birthday celebrations to come with friends that I could not fit in during the busy weekend. Truly, the Lord has blessed me greatly.



No comments: