Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Report Card on Summer Goals




At the start of my summer vacation, I had several things that were on my list of goals to accomplish during my precious time off. Because I start back tomorrow and I need to get back in the teacher mode, I will give myself a report card on how I did.


~resurface my pool - A
~clean up my yard -A at beginning of summer, now a C-
~kill the Bermuda grass in the front yard - C, the grass is dying but this week it will get the weed killer and the black tarp over it
~go to root on the Giants at the ball park -A,
~swim - D-
~exercise - A
~walk with Suzi - A, thanks Suzi for being my faithful walking partner, you helped me a ton.
~win the weight challenge between a few family members -NO MARK, no need to make weight loss a group thing, losing weight is something I need to do for myself personally and I praise God that I have lost some pounds over my vacation. Now it is time to continue with some of the beneficial changes I have made in my lifestyle. Now, if I would have done the weight challenge at work, I might have won!
~spend time with my sisters and my niece and nephew - B
~deep clean the whole house including my closet - A on the house, big fat F on the closet
~have friends and family over to enjoy the pool and a meal - B
~play some board/card games - D (not until this last weekend)
~go to the farmer's market on Tuesday mornings and Thursday evenings - A, Tuesday mornings were good for the whole week and all the fresh fruit and vegetables are part of my changes in diet
~can more jam - B did make up several batches of strawberry and apricot jam
~learn how to can tomatoes, corn, beans, homemade BBQ sauce, and maybe pickles - F
~catch up with my Bible reading - B-, getting close but not quiet there yet
~see a few movies - A,
~quick trip to LA - A
~celebrate my nephew's, sister's and dad's birthdays - A
~lead the game time at VBS week - A, wonderful week
~teach a few kids or big kids how to swim - F, not motivated after the pool project
~go to Lassen and climb to the summit - A, went to Lassen, would have climbed the summit but the trail was closed due to a tragic accident.

1 comment:

The Resident Writer said...

I'll bet you were a GREAT VBS games leader!