Saturday, August 1, 2009

Monterey

There is so much beauty of God's creation so close to my home. So much beauty that I really have not tapped into and explored. My dear friend and I took a quick trip to Monterey for a day/night trip. Monterey is about 2 hours from where I live. We had a super nice time relaxing to the sound of the waves coming in and checking out some cute antique shops. I am trying to work on my ability to take pictures, see things with an eye for detail and to capture life and God's creation. Enjoy, please tell me what you think, especially the shots of the stairs. I would like to print one of them out and put up in my house. They need to grow on me a little more.





Not sure what I think of this. The photo would have been better if the swing or the house was a different color.













Inside the wheel barrow is a paisley sink. I think I should have tilted the sink in the barrow to give a little more depth perception. On a side note, I almost bought this cute sink. I thought it would be a great bird bath outside mounted on some copper piping.







I love this photo. When I learn how to use my Corel Paint Shop program a little better, I will blacken in the label on the pot on the right.












There is something nice about planted pots in a window, especially a dark framed window.







As the "dude" commented as we both sat with our sweatshirts on, "Sun worshipers with their sweatshirts on". My response back to the "dude", "There's nothing of sun worshipers in us, only worshipers of God".
By the way, it was foggy both days in Monterery and Carmel. Only saw the blue sky a few times.






The gull gave me a good pose.



Beautiful Carmel Beach with the Pebble Beach Golf Coarse in the background.




Beautiful, incredible Dahlia!


I always have loved Mexican tiles. These are the 4 stairways that I would like you to vote for which is the best for a picture to put up in my house. I know all of them are taken at an angle and I need to practice taking some straight on to see how they turn out. As I said sometime in the past, I am a self taught photographer who does not know much at all about photography, little alone my digital camera.



















Just for fun, laying back, shot of the surf and the toes.













3 comments:

Steve Scott said...

I like the third picture of the stairs.

Lisa

Shelly said...

Thanks Lisa, your my first vote and you may be my only vote. I'm not sure if I like any of them, I need to work on them with my editing program.

My dad and I went to a good Giant's game today.

Shug said...

I vote for the first or last stairway -- I like the seeing the stair angles with the railing. For those and the porch pic, I think including the whole window or door makes better composition, but I am an amatuer, too.