Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Last Hur-rah!



Where has the summer gone? It has just flown on by and here I am the day before another school year starts all over again pondering where time has gone.



One stream that joins with another at Mill Creek Falls.










My parents are very gracious to allow me to relish "the cabin" when time allows with my friends. The trip this time for me was my last hur-rah for the summer. A time to relax, enjoy God's incredible creation, reflect on goals accomplished during my time off, contemplate goals for the upcoming months, a little recreation and exploration, enjoy some time spent with a good friend, and refreshment for my soul before the craziness starts up again.



Mill Creek Falls. A 3.2 mile round trip hike. What a wonderful time of singing praise, hymn and children song's out in the wilderness (to worship God and to scare away any curious bears).









After finishing the first hike, the destination was Summit Lake to take a cool refreshing swim. On the journey to the lake we came across another trail that I have always wanted to do. We evaluated our energy level, the time of day, our water supply and decided to go for our second hike within a few hours of finishing the first hike. We were blessed for our decision. Beautiful scenic trail alongside a flowing stream, surrounded by granite cliffs and evergreens with a splash of incredible colors of mountain flowers.


Along the 3.1 mile round trip trail down Kings Creek to Kings Creek Falls.













Lupine flowers at the base of Mt. Lassen around Emerald Lake.

















Part of the Kings Creek Falls trail.






















Along the trail there were several smaller water falls. I was not able to get an accurate picture of Kings Creek Falls. We stood at the top of the falls that tumbled down some 30'-40' but did not have the energy (or the shoes) to climb down the cables to get to the bottom of the falls for a picture.










I would like to assure you that I don't usually take pictures of my feet, regardless that this is the 3rd picture of my feet on the blog this summer. Look past the fact that it is time for my last summer pedicure. When all was said and done of our day hiking in Lassen National Park, we hiked at the very least, 7 miles. By the time we arrived at Summit Lake my "dogs" were dirty and tired. My hiking boots were paining my toes a bit so I wore my running shoes for the day. Sure felt good to put my feet in the lake for a cool down and clean up.










1 comment:

Denise said...

Wow, Shelly, what a beautiful spot and great photography. Thanks for sharing it with me. (It's pretty neat you have a blogspot.) Denise