Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Who is More Ready?

The end of the school year is quickly approaching and summer vacation will soon be here. As my teaching years (15 now) pass on by, my longing for summer vacation grows stronger with each passing year. This has been a good year for me, I have had a good group of students and not many "problems". Despite the lack of a stressful year, the itching to be "out of there" is huge. Not sure if that's because the end of the year is extremely busy and mind consuming or if I am just tired and need a good break. So, I have been thinking, who is more ready for a summer vacation? The students who check out sometime after spring break and state testing or teachers who attempt to keep the checked out still checked in?

People often ask me, "how many days left?" Honestly, I don't count the days left. That is scary for me because I know of all the things that need to get done before that last day. I know it is less than 3 weeks and closer to 2 weeks.

Anyways, now you know the reason for lack of posts recently. YEAH HEY, for summer vacation.

No comments: