Saturday, May 2, 2009

There is a song from the Come Weary Saints CD by Sovereign Grace Music that flows through my mind often. This song is titled As Long As You Are Glorified by Mark Altrogge. Tonight I was reminded of this song as we discussed gratitude in the singles Bible study I attend where we are studying Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper. Human nature is predisposed of complaining and grumbling of our circumstances and not rejoicing and thanking God for every good and bad thing that comes into our life. All things are used for His glory in our lives.

Here are the lyrics of the song and you can listen here (thank you to who has their play list on line, thanks brother).

Shall I take from Your hand Your blessings
Yet not welcome any pain
Shall I thank You for days of sunshine
Yet grumble in days of rain
Shall I love You in times of plenty
Then leave You in days of drought
Shall I trust when I reap a harvest
But when winter winds blow, then doubt

Oh let Your will be done in me
In Your love I will abide
Oh I long for nothing else as long
As You are glorified

Are You good only when I prosper
And true only when I’m filled
Are You King only when I’m carefree
And God only when I’m well
You are good when I’m poor and needy
You are true when I’m parched and dry
You still reign in the deepest valley
You’re still God in the darkest night

© 2008 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)

No comments: