Wednesday, May 6, 2009

When the Ball Game Is Boring

On Sunday, my dad and I were able to go to our first Giants baseball game of the '09 season. This particular game was all pitching, neither team scored a run until til the bottom of the 10th inning when my boys won the game. Yeah for Richie!

One thing I love about AT&T Park is that when the game is dull and lacks excitement you can find something in the ball park to entertain you. Here are a few things that entertained me this time. The above photo is for those fans who speak "Spanglish" (half Spanish and half English). I will translate the sign into complete English and out of the Spanglish. It translates, "Watch the Giants 'play of the week' each Sunday". I found it quite comical, the bright flashing light was in half English and half Spanish, kinda like how I talk in Spanish and don't know all the words in Spanish so I put in English words in the place of the Spanish words. This is what I call Spanglish.

In the below photos are of 3 separate older female season ticket holders who sit in section 102 or 103 near the seats I get from Steve (thanks again Steve, my dad and I both agree these are our favorite seats). The first of the two pictures, these ladies sit directly in front of the seats we sit in. Both look to be at least retired age. I have seen them at the games many times. They both are die hard Giants fans. Everything about them is Giants baseball. They wear ear rings that have baseball bats and baseballs. They are all decked out in their orange and black. They listen to the game on a MP3 player. At this particular game the first 20,000 fans received the ball cap they are wearing. Both of the ladies had just put their "rally caps" on and turned around and told us so. They said, "time to get our rally caps on, our boys need all the help they can get". They even were ragging on the Giants for not being able to bring a runner home that was on 3rd base with no outs. So cute.


What a hoot this woman is. She is much older than the first two and looks like she has been a Giants fan her whole life. She is a glitzy fan. Her ball cap was all sequins, she was all decked out in her orange and black, black fuzzy scarf, orange ear rings, and her socks were orange with orange sequins on the top of them. She knew exactly what was happening during the game. She even booooo-ed a call the umpire made. Simply adorable.




2 comments:

Karen said...

Hey Shelly....when we were back there this past weekend, we saw that our Rockies were playing your team there...the thought did come across our minds to go & root for out team, but there simply was no time.
We might be coming out this summer so I can spend some more time with my friend as she tries to move on. Perhaps we can spend some time together!

Steve Scott said...

Shelly,

The ladies in front of us are really funny. But I only see them several times a year. I guess we have alter-ego scheduling preferences. Yeah, I like the seats.