Friday, May 1, 2009

Like A Spring Rain

"So let us know, let us press on to know the LORD. His going forth is as certain as the dawn; And He will come to us like the rain, like the spring rain watering the earth." Hosea 6:3
Whenever it rains in the springtime I am reminded of a song that we sang at the Grace on Campus Bible Study called Hosea 6:3. Today a good spring rain is watering the earth around the Bay Area. I love this little song because it is such a nugget of truth. He is more faithful than a spring rain that waters the earth. This verse starts with a prompting for us to know, to press on to know the LORD. . . and here comes the promise, He will
come to us like a rain, a spring rain
that waters the earth.


My roses have opened up and I am seeing their incredible beauty for the first time. These rose bushes were planted late last summer (they waited patiently for 6 months to be put in the ground) and now they are showing off who they are. The first rose I think is a Nancy Reagan and the second rose is a Tahitian Sunset.
The last photo is of a plant called Ruby Slippers. Before I re-landscaped my front yard I probably had a dozen Ruby Slippers. They were incredible bloomers for about 2 months and then the plant died out and looked horrible. I took them out despite my mom being totally against it As you can see, despite being
removed, one plant was a fighter and grew
back quite well.

The rain today was a complete blessing for me. There was some tension that rose up at work over the past week in my department between a few people and we had a serious sewer issue arise (literally) in the locker rooms. With those two issues and the possibility of rain, as the department chair I made the decision that all the PE classes would go to the theater and watch a couple of movies that we had not finished and give teachers an opportunity to work extra on the grades we are submitting this week and to allow a little respite from the bad behavior of the students. I think today was a breath of fresh air for all of my department. "Like a spring rain, watering the earth".

No comments: