Sunday, April 5, 2009

Murphy's Law


4 times in the last 3 weeks, Murphy's Law came to my house, more specifically my pool.

  • 3 weeks ago on Saturday, the pool got a through cleaning (including sweeping the walls, adding chemicals, cleaning out the filter trap). That night a wind storm put anything and everything in my pool. I had plastic potting pots, trash and thousands of needles from the Italian Cyprus trees that are next to my yard. It was a mess all over again. I absolutely had no time to go and clean it again.
  • 2 weeks ago on Saturday, I was able to fully clean the pool again. There was more small debris in the pool than last time. This time I ran the filter and the pump for several hours. Sunday came along and yup, another strong wind storm. The pool was filled again.
  • 1 week ago on Sunday, I just had time to skim the pool and not get the debris off of the bottom.
  • last week on Wednesday, I finally had a chance to go out and completely clean the pool again. This time I had to vacuum the pool (my second least favorite chore with maintaining my pool, just behind cleaning out the filter cartridges). If you have caught on you know what I am going to say, yes, another strong wind storm on Thursday and Friday.
  • Today, Sunday I cleaned the entire pool again, including sweeping the walls. I need to vacuum but I am afraid that Mr. Gusty Wind will return tomorrow so I am not going to do it this time.