Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm Done

There will never be another moment that I will touch Facebook. There are no words to describe what I feel in my heart right now. Most of you who read my blog have most likely already received an email from me explaining my reasons. There are some seriously sick people out there who desperately need the LORD. I had been thinking about dropping the account but what happened today absolutely got me to drop the account within seconds. If any of you are FB users please make sure that my account can not be found and let me know if you find me on there. I want to be gone.

3 comments:

CPLawson said...

Hi Shelly,

I am too sickened by what happened yesterday. I support your decision.

Being that there are so many people I am keeping in touch with via FB, I am choosing to maintain my account, but proceeding with caution. I am glad at least to have this blog mechanism to stay in touch with you.

I was able to get everything deleted and reported, but some more novice victimized users probably are unaware that the gross image is somewhere in their profile. I was thankful to have been alerted immediately and dealt with it accordingly.

Blessings to you dear sister!

Paul

Shelly said...

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your kind words and support. I in no way wanted anyone to feel my decision should reflect how you decide to deal with FB. FB has been a great tool for me to connect with people, get updated with especially people who live far away, and I have had opportunities to share Christ with a few. For me personally, there is just too much at stake. As a teacher, my career and my credentials could have been ruined, and being a deaconess in my church, I might have had to go through some things that I don't want to go through. So, if it happened once in my mind it could happen again and that was something I did not want to risk.

Let me know what happens with the reporting. I did not report anything. I just wanted to close up as quick as I could.

I hope that you are enjoying your spring. Everything here is all green and in bloom. It is one of my most favorite times of the year.

Continue to press onward still more dear brother.

Shelly

CPLawson said...

Oh, yes, by all means, if not already, please include my blog on your bloglist (I have you on mine, too!).