Sunday, April 5, 2009

Almost There

Spring Training is officially over, yeah, let's get on with the regular season. Watched a game today after church and my boys beat the bad boys of LA. I love baseball season, I love going to the games (especially with my dad or with my family for my dad's birthday), love listening to a game on the radio, love when we win, love the thought that this just might be the year that we go to the series and win this time, love talking it up with Diane at work and Steve from church, love the chance of catching a foul ball or home run, love having slide races down the coke bottle with my sister (maybe this year with Trin Trin), love the smell of the roasted peanuts, love the heckle section of 108, love the opportunity to take a friend to a game and catch up, love the bridge and city lights from the 3rd deck, love beating the Dodgers, oh the list goes on.

Opening day is Tuesday.

3 comments:

CPLawson said...

As an avid St. Louis Cardinal fan, I enjoyed this posting tremendously! Grace and Peace, Paul

Karen said...

Oh, a girl after my own heart!!!! We LOVE baseball too, for us it seems to be one of the only family friendly sports! But now we are in Colorado, this is where our family will become one and because of that...we decided we will be (gulp) Rockie's fans...they need fans...they only have fair-weather fans...no one needs that! But my friend...before Colorado there was/is the A's (always will be my team!). But I will stand with you when anyone beats the Dodgers (my husband's team ;) )
Before we moved we took him to a A's vs Dodgers game ON Father's Day. Duane & the girls got to run the bases...it was so memorable. Duane had his Dodger's shirt, we all had our A's shirts...the fans were giving him a hard time, but because of the girls they were more gentle, but made great laughs! Best part was...A's won! And of course we have a picture of that scoreboard, and it sneaks up on him from time to time. Always got to have fun in marriage!

Yep, LOVE our baseball!!!!!

Steve Scott said...

Aw, Gyros lost tonight. But the season is here at last.