Saturday, November 1, 2008

Homemade Applesauce



It rained almost all day today. This wonderful rain gave me the opportunity to make homemade applesauce from the apples that I got in Apple Hill a few weeks back. I used Fuji, Gala, Pink Lady and Rome apples. With this combination I did not have to use any sugar to sweeten the sauce. It sure turned out yummy. I was able to can several quarts and now have applesauce on hand for the future.

Also decided it would be perfect weather to make banana bread. I had about a dozen super ripe bananas awaiting their destiny in the freezer. I made 3 huge loaves.

I already know what I am going to have for breakfast in the morning, applesauce and toasted banana bread. Yummy.

Photo taken from Google Images (mine looks more chunky. I did not have the energy to take a photo, download and the such).

No comments: