Saturday, October 16, 2010

Orange October

Orange October. Wow, so much orange in October. Orange has become my favorite color especially this October. Nothing better than an Orange October.

Every morning as I drive to work the east sky is a painter's canvas (God is the Painter!) with all the incredible hues and shades of orange. When I am running a little late, the sun has popped into the scene and is an enormous orange ball. Many of these mornings I am pleading with God to give me wisdom, insight, strength and love for my new job. Seeing the glory of the morning, the majesty and goodness of the LORD, my restless heart is reminded that He is with me, that He is faithful, He is working and that He is for me.

Every Friday I wear a orange shirt for two reasons. The first reason, it is spirit day at school and school colors are orange and black. The second reason, every Friday this baseball season is Orange Fridays, to cheer on the Giants.

There has been much more orange going on in October. Back in September, I had my toe nails painted orange to help push my Giants into the playoffs. The Giants won the National League West on October 3rd to go to the National League Division Playoffs (I will share about this game in another post- it was one of the most incredible games I have been to- EVER). The Giants won the NLDS and today start the National League Championship Series. GO GIANTS!!! There is a little baseball superstition in me, (isn't there a little in every true baseball fan?) not changing the toe nail color. I need a pedicure bad but have not been able to fit it in to get my nails done orange again. Every day the Giants win or the day after they have clinched, I am wearing orange. Last week, I had a whole load of orange laundry. Sure hope I can keep wearing orange until the end of the month (if need be, a few days into November!).

1 comment:

Steve Scott said...

Go Orange! One down, seven to go.