Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Break

For a teacher, Spring Break or what I prefer- Easter Break, is one of the most anticipated breaks from school. Usually, the well needed break is just barely enough time away from work to energize a teacher before the long haul before Summer vacation. The only day that I have off between now and the end of the school year is Memorial Day. The kids have started to lose focus, the weather is warming slightly, the blossoms give off beautiful color but bring on the allergies and teen "love" (if I can call it that, more like hormones not in check) is in the air. All of these things make for a challenge at the later end of the school year to finish strong and problem free.

On most breaks I have big project plans for around the house. This year is no different, my plans were to landscape the front yard. This project has waited since I bought the house when I "land cleared" the front yard. Sometime I will have to dig out those old pictures of what the front yard used to look like, the maintained "dead" state that it is in now and then show what the finished product will be. Sadly, but in God's perfect timing and His sovereign will, the front yard project is on hold. All of the plants are bought and waiting in the side yard to be transplanted into their final home. I know exactly the type of sod and retaining wall blocks that I want and how much it will cost. My mom's gardener, Javier and his amigos, are planning on helping me with the project but Javier is in the middle of a remodel at his house. God has a reason for me to wait on my project and it is kinda nice to get a few other smaller projects done around here and God knew that I would not be feeling my best for the first few days of my vacation.

Friday I awoke with a slight fever and not feeling well. Funny, my sister woke with the same type of symptoms but hers progressed much worse over the last 2 days. Praise God, she is better today. There would have been no way that I could have helped with the work outside. Today, I am planning on doing some painting of the trim around my new garage door and straighting out the garage. This will be an all day project. At some point, I plan to completely clean out my master closets and maybe put some organizing shelving in there. Next weekend, my dear Daddy is coming over to help me with a broken double gate. On Wednesday and Thursday I am going to visit my sweet niece, my sister and brother in law.

Lord willing, by Monday I will be ready for the long 2 1/2 months before the end of the school year.

No comments: