Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter is My Favorite Holiday

Happy Easter! Easter is my favorite holiday. Christ went to the cross to pay the penalty of my sin! A bloody, extremely painful death, taking on the full wrath of God, He took the death that I deserved to die. There was nothing in this world that I could have done to merit God's gracious pardoning of my sin, except for the blood that Christ shed on my behalf. I am humbled when I think of it. Because Christ bought me with His blood, I have forgiveness and a perfect standing before God. My soul is His. I need to think of what Christ has done on my behalf much more than I do. Christ and His sacrifice should be central to EVERYTHING in my life. Oh, I am so thankful for His abundant mercy and love that He has freely (but it cost Him everything) given to me.

I hope you know Christ the way I know Him. If you don't or you want to know more, click here.

Here is one of my favorite songs (not sure if at the moment if I have included it in a past post).

Amazing Love, by Graham Kendrick, 1989 Make Way Music

My Lord, what love is this
That pays so dearly
That I, the guilty one
May go free!

Amazing love, O what sacrifice
The Son of God given for me
My debt he pays,
and my death he dies
That I might live,
That I might live!

And so they watched him die
Despised, rejected
But oh, the blood he shed
Flowed for me!
And now, this love of Christ
Shall flow like rivers
Come wash your guilt away live again!


Philippians 2:5-11 from the New American Standard Bible

Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who,
although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing
to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and
being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He
humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a
cross. For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him
the name which is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE
WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and
that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God
the Father.

No comments: