Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Just A Few Blocks Away

Hello blogging friends!

I am so thankful that I am on break from work for the Christmas Holiday. So nice to sleep in until my body is ready to get up (this morning it was just before 8 am) and not at 5am. One of my kitties tilted one of my wooden blinds and the sun was streaking on in. Through the slots in the blinds I could see that the sky was beautiful. A perfect mix of clouds and blue, my favorite type of day! The glistening frost on the neighbor's roof was almost melted away.

A Perfect morning for a walk in the park that is just 2 blocks away from my house. "Heart Park" is what I fondly call this park. God has used this park (more specifically the splendor of His incredible beautiful creation) significantly in my heart. When I am among the majestic California Oaks, the reflective 7 small ponds, the changing of the colors of the seasons, the green carpet of the ground celebrating a recent rain and the fresh crisp air, I am ushered into a time of prayer with my God, my Savior. This morning was no exception. My heart was pondering and thanking God for His perfect timely gift of the incarnation. God in human flesh, Christ the Savior, was born to a virgin, born to ultimately die to pay the penalty, to take the full wrath of God for sin, for my sin, for my guilt. Pretty amazing.

I am reminded of Luke 1:26- 35
"Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city in Galilee, called Nazareth, to a virgin engaged to a man whose name was Joseph, of the descendants of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. And coming in, he sadi to her, 'Hail favored one! The Lord is with you.' But she was greatly troubled at this statement, and kept pondering what kind of salutation this might be. And the angel said to her, 'Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb, and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; and He will reign over the house of Jaco forever; and His kingdom will have no end.' And Mary said to the angel, 'How can this be, since I am a virgin:' And the angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy offspring shall be called the Son of God."


And Luke 2: 9-14

"And an angel of the Lord suddenly stood before them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy which shall be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you; you will find a baby wrapped in cloths, and lying in a manger.' And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among men with whom He is pleased.'"

My heart was full of praise and adoration this morning. This praise and adoration lead to praying for some other concerns of my heart. What a joy to be a child of the Most High. Here are a few pictures of my time this morning. If you have followed my blog, I have posted pictures in here before from "Heart Park".

Have a wonderful day!

So, I can't get the pictures to move where I want them and they are out of order so let me explain them.
Picture 1 is just of some cat tails.
Picture 2 was just a burst of the last bit of red color before they fall off. All the other trees have dropped their leaves.
Picture 3 & 4 are almost the same photo but slightly different. I am trying to decide which one I like better to maybe get it printed out and hang it up. Please feel free to give your input.
Picture 5 was when I first started into the park this morning.
Picture 6 is one of those often not seen things in weather called a "Sun Dog".
The last picture, picture 7, I took because I loved the green carpet, the younger oak trees and the little path winding between the trees.

Sorry in advance if this post does not appear correctly when I am finished.






















No comments: