Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Little Funny at Work

For years I have been saying that I should be writing a book about some of the things my students say and do. There is endless laughter with middle school aged students (and endless other emotions too).

Today, before school, some girls were putting their PE clothes back into their lockers after getting them laundered over the weekend. A little background information, we allow the girls to come in the locker room before school to put anything away only on the first day of the week. This policy is in place because we end up having to supervise them instead of getting ourselves prepared for our teaching day. So today two girls came into our office for something (not sure what) and another girl was right outside our office door waiting for her friends. Mrs. D said, "What do you need girls?" The girl standing outside our office door said without waiting for the response of her friends, "Jesus". The way the girl said "Jesus" made me think that she has heard thousand of times, "all you need is Jesus". This gave me a big belly laugh. As I think about it, what the girl said was true, these girls do need Jesus.

No comments: