Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Waiting to See the Doctor


Yesterday I needed to go to the doctor to see if they could help me figure out what is going on with not feeling well for several days with a fever for 5 days. I don't want to discuss my health in this post but the wait to see the doctor in the exam room.

There are so many posters and fact sheets all over the walls of the exam room. I am determined they make you sit on the cold exam table until you have had enough time to read everything on walls. You have to leave more informed or more confused. Here are a few glimpses what passed from my eyes to my brain.
  • if I used an inhaler, it is much better to use an extender chamber
  • saw the differences between a cold that is bacterial vs. viral (my case could be either)
  • figured my current BMI
  • the hospital offers many classes for people with diabetes
  • and that if you have diabetes, you should have your shoes and socks off for the visit with the doctor
  • from now, age 42, until age 100, I know what appointments I should making (not looking forward to a few of the future screenings)
  • if I found myself in an emergency the sign by the phone told me how to call the nurse's station
  • what a fetus (little human being) looks like at 9 weeks past conception. I am always awe struck at the incredible complexity of the development of a human. Truly an amazing work of God

No comments: