Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day 8 Pool Project- LAST DAY


The pool is being re-filled as I type out this post. Not quiet enough water to swim yet, enough to wade. The surface got a good acid wash and several washes. All the acid and rinse water was sucked out. My feet really liked the feel of the surface. Not rough at all and pretty smooth. After being in the pool for a few hours teaching swim lessons will be the real test on my footsies.

I sure like the combination of the surface, tile and the copping.


Filling the pond. It will take awhile. The company estimated 24 hours. My hope is for less but I also don't want to worry about the pool all night long.


I think the surface kinda looks like a somewhat black sand beach. Use your imagination.


All of the final details were put in place today. The light was installed, the eye balls put back into their sockets, the concrete finished and deck-o-seal put between the last section of concrete and the copping. Tomorrow, I will check out the chemicals, start up the pump and get the cover on so it will be a decent temp for Saturday's party. The final photos will be of the pool completely filled and people swimming around.
Thanks for hanging out with the blog with each day of the project. Now it is time to come over and hang out in and around the pool.




3 comments:

CPLawson said...

I had lots of fun reading this series of posts. I had no idea you were even thinking of having one done. Congratulations! And done just in time for your 4th of July shindig!!!!!!

Shelly said...

Hi Paul,

Thanks for checking in on my blog. I had a huge hole in the bottom of the shallow end and that MADE me do the resurface project. The pool project completely changed the look of my back yard. There is such a price to home ownership but I also count it a huge job to keep up what God has given me.

How are you? I hope all is well.

Karen said...

Hey Shelly,

Thanks for the encouraging note on our blog. I appreciate it. I don't at all want to come across as a "saint" with this waiting ordeal. It is the hardest thing I have done. I was just telling a clerk in a store "at least pregnancy there is an end". I do belive Satan is against adoption, against families, ect...because God values these things.
I have been set free from the lies of the enemy that got me to believe "if only I was good enough in this area, then the kids would be here" or "when you get your act together and you are good enough than they will be here". I know now full well that is NOT how God works. I was believing into a lie that I had no clue was a lie.
But this week I battle with..."is God trying to move us there?" If we moved there would all these children be released? I guess I still fall back on the "what can I do" instead of just being patient and waiting to see what God can do. I long to have them in my arms, and some days this is harder than others.
Thanks for your prayers and for checking in on us!
Love ya!,
Karen