Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fan Fest 2009

Last weekend was the SF Giants Fan Fest. I am so glad it was last weekend and not this weekend. Last weekend was perfect weather this weekend would have been a cold soggy mess. Last year my dad and I decided not to go to the Fan Fest because it was a crazy nut house last year. The year before last you would have thought you were going to the final game of the world series at AT&T Park and the Giants were one out from winning. Both my dad and myself were glad we were able to go this year. It is fun to be with my daddy, fun to start thinking about Giant's baseball and fun to be around everyone else in the SF Giant spirit.

Here are a few of my favorite shots at the ball park.




This is one of the entrances into the ball park.













Congrat's Timmy for being the 2009 Cy Young Award Winner. Way to go and keep it up this year!



















I love this nice, little detail at the gates at the turn stiles.














Look at all of these people. There must have been 10,000-15,000 people there. Crazy. Some people were lined up all around the inside of the ball park to get an autograph.













Rumor has it that if a player hits a home run during a game and hits the glove, a random fan will win 1 million dollars. Mark McGuire also got close one time in batting practice.

I saw a softball home run competition one time and some fellow got real close.











"Have a Coke and a smile". (Just for you Jen).












One of my favorite things about the ball park is the kids lot above the left field bleachers. I have wanted to take a photo of all the little kids sitting on the bench, swinging their legs, wearing their SF Giants garb, looking like they are having a good time. Everyone in the photo wore the right clothing except one dude who is in his Raider football jersey~ get it together dude!






My dad's name is Chuck. So, as we walked around the stadium, I saw this shot and thought it was funny. I agree, "Talk to Chuck".

No comments: