Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's Been a Busy Month

Hello everyone! It's your missing in action blogging friend Shelly. Would like to say I can't believe that it has exactly been a month since I last posted but it feels like it has been at least that and more.
Here is a brief re-cap of the last month.

First, I finished up with my week at VBS healthy and feeling much better. The week was wonderful. What freedom to share the gospel to needing little hearts. At work I can not share the gospel freely with my students. My highlight of the week was the closing program. All the kids were singing the praise songs so loud and from their little hearts. That is one of the best sounds in the world, a child singing praises (now my prayer is that God would save them). The church was packed with the kids and their families, over 60% that were from the community and not from the church. There were 15 kids from a homeless women and children ministry that my church supports. It was good to have them all at VBS.

Let's see the rest of the time has gone by so quickly. Here are some of the things in no specific order. I am back at work now, a week now actually. Before I went back to work Dawn and I took a trip to San Diego (sorry Keli J. and Jen A.- it was a very busy and packed 4 days. I need to get down there and see both of you when I have time to visit. Love you both). There will be a post later about my trip. It was a wonderful time. Before that I finally was able to start on my front yard project with the help of a landscaper. Can't wait to show you the pictures. I had 2 visits from separate past college friends. There will be a post on this too. Very sweet time of fellowship and catching up. I have been to 3 Giants games since I last posted and my boys finally started to win the game I attend. What else, oh there is more but just a brief catch up of what has been going on in my life.

I will catch up more after this long 3 day weekend. Happy Labor Day to all of you.

1 comment:

Steve Scott said...

Welcome back! I check every day.

I used to go to Pinky's back in the 80's when I worked down the road a bit. Good pizza.